Forum Shanghai

Forum degli Stranieri a Shanghai: Poni delle domande e partecipa a discussioni riguardanti la vita all'estero

Cerca in questo sito

Guida dell'Utente  -  Aiuto  -  Termini e Condizioni d'uso del sito  -  Policy sulla Privacy

✎ EN Renting an apartment in Shanghai as a student

Discussione in 'Shanghai' iniziata da elhahaj, 21 Giugno 2021.

1. elhahaj

elhahaj New Member

"Mi Piace" ricevuti:
    Città:
    Vienna
    Paese:
    Austria
    Nazionalità:
    Francese (FR)
    Lingua:
    German, English, French
    Hello everyone,

given the Covid situation eases, I will be doing a year-long student exchange at Tongji University Shanghai from February 2022-February 2023. Since we won't be able to use the university's dorms, I've been wondering what to put attention in terms of renting an apartment, possibly for ~4-5 people, when you're on an X2 student visa and therefore without a work contract. Do you need, for example, a guarantor or proof of income, or does the passport suffice?

I was also wondering which platforms are commonly used to get in touch with landlords directly (weChat?). And furthermore: is it to be reommend to use a real estate agency to find an affordable place (and to avoid scams)?

Another issue is whether the housing market in Shanghai is rather competitive or not. Is it an advantage or rather a disadvantage to be applying for an apartment as a western foreigner?

And lastly: most of us will be on a shoestring budget, so what is to be expected in terms of rental prices? It doesn't have to be the nicest apartment, but it would be great not to be too far off in the periphery.

I'm extremely thankful for any suggestions, tips, experiences :)

Thank you!

2. Cyrilexpat

Cyrilexpat Administrator
    Staff Member Editor

"Mi Piace" ricevuti:
    Città:
    London
    Paese:
    Regno Unito
    Nazionalità:
    Francese (FR)
    Lingua:
    Français, English, Italiano (un pó)
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Sto caricando...
Argomenti simili Forum Data
✎ FR Apartment location Shanghai 18 Novembre 2011

Condividi questa Pagina